Open Air Worship
Sundays 9:00 am
Memorial Day weekend-Labor Day weekend
Weather could move service indoors
In additional to our regularly recorded You Tube service, St John’s now offers a 9:00 am open-Air Worship Service Sunday mornings in the north church parking lot. The service will be broadcast over our outdoor speaker system.
In order for this service to be successful, we need the cooperation of everyone who will attend.
1) If you are ill, or not feeling well, please do not attend. Come back next week.
2) For the safety of all who attend, including your church staff, we need everyone to follow the guidelines set forth by the church council.
3) Bring your own snack, or a communion cup and wafer will be provided. This is similar to a restaruant coffee creamer cup with a double peel off lid. Peel the first thin clear lid for the wafer, then peel the second lid to open wine cup..
Upon coming to the worship service:
Your car will enter the parking lot in the appropriate entrance. Exit passage will be temporarily blocked off.
You will be met by an “usher”. You will be directed to another “usher” who will direct you to your parking location. You can remain in your car or bring your own chairs and sit in front of your car or to either side of pastors' area.
Restrooms will be available, but you must enter the narthex doors to use them. This door will be the only door opened in the church.
When worship service is over, you will be directed to exit by an “usher”.
The worship service will consist of:
· Pastor, one singer, and reader
· This service will not be recorded. We will record Saturday nights' service.
· It will start 9:00am on Sunday.
We will email bulletins earlier in the week. We will keep the same service except for the readings and the prayer of the day for the month. You can decide to print them off and use them for the month. We will not have any printed off at the service. There will be no screens outside.
A plastic house will be near the exit for those who want to leave an offering.
In the event of rain, the service will be moved indoors